Who We are
The vision of American Institute of Big Data Professionals (AIBDP) is to help enterprises to understand, and implement Big Data to solve real world problems. Thus AIBDP is aimed to serve as the premier worldwide alliance for all stakeholders involved in Big Data related efforts. Representative stakeholders include customers (enterprises), technology vendors, academicians, researchers, and individual practitioners. AIBDP will orchestrate events such as conferences and tutorials to assist in showcasing and disseminating best practices, and to provide a networking opportunity for leaders and practitioners in the field.
AIBDP is an independent not-for-profit body, governed by an Executive Board and an Advisory Board consisting of recognized leaders in the field. AIBDP has subcommittees to represent each major business vertical. Each vertical will have a subcommittee and head, reporting into the main board. Each vertical segment will also have corporate representatives.
Levels of Corporate Membership: Platinum, Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze
Example corporate members: IBM, Oracle, SAP, Yahoo, Google etc. AIBDP honors individuals who have distinguished themselves in the area of Big Data and related technologies with Achievement Awards.
AIBDP’s goals are E5 – to evangelize, educate, empower, enlighten, and entertain in the context of Big Data strategy and technology.
- Demystify the Big Data phenomenon and highlight the relevance to the challenges faced by the enterprises
- Help quantify the strategic business value of Big Data for an enterprise.
- Serve as a vendor neutral platform for the Education and Empowerment of customers, by providing information on Use Cases, Technologies, Software & Hardware platforms, Methodologies, Implementation Guidelines
- Help facilitate collaboration between all the stakeholders like Educate enterprise decision makers and professionals in the industry, to learn and share:
- On business strategy, technology, methodology, business processes and implementation of Big Data solutions & products – Via educational material and forums such as conferences, community meet-ups, special events, webinars, etc.
- Help establish methodologies, starter kits, and business processes required to unleash this value of Big Data and give some certainty around Big Data implementations
- Help clear some of the clutter surrounding the Big Data products, services, and technology by providing constant updates on the advancements of Big Data technology.
- Help the customers (enterprises, professionals, individual participants) to make the most appropriate decisions that suit their Big Data requirements, by providing product comparative statements, highlights of Big Data solutions etc.
- Help the customers (enterprises, professionals, individual participants) to get educated, qualified, and credentialed for maximizing the return on Big Data implementations.
- Provide regular meet-ups, conferences, webinars, blogs, white papers, videos, and forums for networking and education on Big Data for all the stakeholders.